Prof. Dr. Andrzej Sobczak, Head of the Informatics Management Department, Warsaw School of Economics took the participants of the CIA on a journey to advanced automation and robotization of business processes from the perspective of controller and management. In his presentation he answered some important questions: Is robotization just a short-term trend? Is it possible to buy competence for business robotization on the market? What is the role of data governance in business robotization? How to prepare for a broader (more strategic) perspective on robotization? He discussed it in the context of robotization (rising labor costs; decreasing employee availability; changing attitude of young workers; growing digitalization of processes and data; increasing global competition and short-term business perspective). He also gave examples of what software robots can do.
Important: Robots have names so that they would be easier to accept by the employees, because in the future a manager could lead in a team 10 human employees and 30 robots.
What is the actual state of RPA implementation in Poland?
- Actual level of RPA absorption among Polish IT leaders can be estimated at max. 15%
- The median of robots in Poland is 2 robots.
- Some companies are withdrawing (silently) from robotization after Proof of concept).
- It turns out that they have more exceptions than they thought.
- Companies find that with low data quality data quality robots will don’t work.
The speaker compared this situation with the question how it will look like in the future.